History of the domain
The history of the domain is intimately linked to that of the castle.
Indeed, you are in the old common of the castle.
The castle of Bersaillin was built in the 14th century. It was transformed by Adrien de Vaudrey and his wife Anne de Vuillafans at the beginning of the 16th century. In 1585, Philippe Froissard, lawyer and adviser to the parliament of Dole, bought the castle and its lands, he acquired the title of Marquis of Bersaillin. The Froissard family built a wing to connect the keep to the body of the castle. By marriage, the building became the property of the Villeneuve Bargemont family at the death of the Marquis of Froissard in 1930. The building reflects the various stages of its construction. Around an interior courtyard, two main buildings are arranged: the oldest, flanked by two corner towers, overlooks the courtyard through a gallery of arcades opened in the 16th century. Rhythmically reinforced with buttresses, the wing in angle stretches, up to the round tower of the old keep, the body of the house of the XVIIIth century with two levels, a first floor and a floor with six mullioned windows. To the right of the porch, the gothic chapel with its Renaissance bell tower...
The following elements are protected in the French heritage: Corps de logis of the 16th and 18th centuries. Chapel and gatehouse from the 16th century. North gate and outbuildings from the 19th century (fountain and washhouse built in 1825 on Dufour's plans).
The estate is composed of the servants' quarters, the stables, the stable, the pigsty (in ruins), the cowherd's house, the woodshed, the well and the washhouse